Friday 30 August 2013

Sock Mania

I met Steve from Burt Brothers Hosiery Ltd at my degree show, where I discussed my final collection and Steve told me a bit about Burt Brothers, at the beginning of August I had the opportunity to visit Burt Brothers Hosiery Ltd. and share my portfolio work with the them and look around the factory seeing how socks are manufactured from the design team all the way through to getting them on the back of the lorry to be distributed to stores including Primark, Accessorize and Tesco. 

Fascinated by the production of socks and feeling inspired I promised Steve I would work on some designs, giving me the opportunity to expand my CAD portfolio.  I must admit I love print and pattern and naturally I began to take inspiration from my final collection, after discussing this with Steve and seeing some of the socks produced at the factory, I decided it was time to produce more varied designs for my portfolio!


Having thoroughly enjoyed working on something a little different I really wanted to share with you some of the outcomes I have produced, I hope you like them, more of the designs can be found on my Behance profile and if you are a Pinterest addict like myself I have created a Sock Inspiration Board that can be found here





2 comments:

  1. Hi Louisa

    What software are you using to design these gems?

    Love them.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minimum order quantity (MOQ) has always been cared about by our clients. No matter wholesale or custom products, we all have a minimum order quantity. custom socks

    ReplyDelete